Vacancies available for Practice Nurses.
We are looking for a Practice Nurse to join our practice in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Seeing patients in their practice and in their own home face to face or remotely via telephone of video consultation.
- Triage, assessment and treatment of patients with minor illness and injury as well as exacerbations of common long term conditions. (Triage and telephone consultations.)
- Signposting – referring patients to specialists in the community, health, social care and voluntary agencies as appropriate.
- Encouraging patients to take responsibility for managing their own care and treatment where it is safe to do so and provide health education.
- A holistic approach to patient care, bringing together medical, social and psychological needs.
- Providing advice and treatment in collaboration with the Duty Doctor where necessary, to manage acute symptoms of chronic long term conditions.
- Making referrals to secondary care following discussion with the Duty Doctor.
- Communicating effectively with patients, families, the MDT and wider practice teams.
- Chapel Street Surgery is part of Sussex Primary Care, our staff have training and career development opportunities across the group.
- As an employee of Sussex Primary Care you will benefit from:
- A supportive working environment
- Full time, part time or sessional flexible working to suit your needs
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave, sick pay and protected time for CPD
- Full NHS pension
- Opportunities to pursue special interests with funded career development opportunities
- Access to clinical mentoring and support