Vacancies available for Paramedic Practitioners.
Join one of our well-established General Practices across Sussex. Paramedic Practitioners who work for us have the opportunity to develop a portfolio career, combining work in general practice with work in local community services. Sussex Primary Care also provide training opportunities as part of the group. SPC have six practices across Sussex with more joining in the future.
Main purpose of role
Are you a Paramedic Practitioner who can provide a specialist resource for patients within our practice in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Seeing patients in the practice and in their own home face to face or remotely via telephone of video consultation.
- Triage, assessment and treatment of patients with minor illness and injury as well as exacerbations of common long term conditions.
- Signposting – referring patients to specialists in the community, health, social care and voluntary agencies as appropriate.
- Encouraging patients to take responsibility for managing their own care and treatment where it is safe to do so and provide health education.
- A holistic approach to patient care, bringing together medical, social and psychological needs.
- Providing advice and treatment in collaboration with the Duty Doctor where necessary, to manage acute symptoms of chronic long term conditions.
- Making referrals to secondary care following discussion with the Duty Doctor.
- Communicating effectively with patients, families, the MDT and wider practice teams.