Vacancies available for Clinical Pharmacists.
Join one of our well-established General Practices across Sussex. Clinical Pharmacists who work for us have the opportunity to develop a portfolio career, combining work in general practice with work in local community services. Sussex Primary Care also provide training opportunities as part of the group. SPC have six practices across Sussex with more joining in the future.
Main purpose of role
- Clinical Pharmacists are supported and mentored by our GPs and Leadership Team, and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient-facing environment.
- You would be supported to develop your role and to become a non-medical prescriber, if not already.
- You will take responsibility for areas of chronic disease management within the practice and undertake clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex needs.
- You will provide primary support to general practice staff for prescription and medication queries.
- You will be proactive in your support of the repeat prescriptions system, deal with acute prescription requests, and medicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing.
- You will provide expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both public and social care needs of the patients in our GP practices.
- You will provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement and manage some aspects of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services.
- This role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies, so requires someone with the motivation and passion to deliver excellent service within general practice.